24 January 2009

Chinese Night

Our Chinese friend, A, invited Mama Pig and Golden Piglet to her place for dinner tonight. Our Japanese friend, Y, was also there with her cutie pie, A, aka Midori's best friend.
A made Jiaozhi and mini spring rolls and they were really yummy. It was the first time that Midori tasted these 2 Chinese specialties and our greedy Piglet totally loved them.
Since it was only 2 days to Chinese New Year, I made tangyuan, glutinous rice balls in syrup, for dessert. The pink ones had peanut filling whereas the blue and green ones were just plain sticky rice balls.
In my family, we always make colorful tangyuan. I have fond childhood memories of me and my younger brother happily helping our mom make colorful tangyuan in all sorts of colors and shapes, much to our mom's frustration and amusement. Oh, how I miss my family during this time of the year.

Thank u for having us over for dinner, A!

Cheers,

Mama Pig & Golden Piglet

No comments: